These courses are recommended by our Rural Champions as Good Practice for working in rural hospitals. They range from short courses to full academic Diploma's or post graduate Degrees. Courses may be online or provincial or local events.
Rural Health Conference
We Speak Your Language!
This annual conference is a vibrant event that focuses on rural issues, rural advocacy and rural best practice.
Our 4 permanent sub themes are: Building Teams, Health Systems, Community Engagement, and Policy and Practice. The conference is unique as it is multidisciplinary and we all learn from each other. Go to one conference and you will keep coming back. Find out more
Best Practice Guidelines Online
- RuDASA's Cutting Edge Rural Medicine
- University of Pretoria's Essential Steps in the Management of Obstetric Emergencies (ESMOE)
- University of Pretoria's Department of Family Medicine
Short Courses & eLearning
- Foundation for Professional Development e-learning's range of courses
- Short Courses in Emergency Medicine at UCT & SU or at the Academy of Advanced Life Support (Gauteng), KwaZulu Natal, NW.
- Advanced Life Support Training Centres's Directory
- Diploma with The Colleges of Medicine of South Africa (CMSA)
- Postgraduate programmes at
Maternal & Child Health
- Limpopo Initiative for Newborn Care's eLearning on Neonates and New Borns
Cancer & Palliative Care
- Short courses: SAHIVSoc
- Diploma in HIV Management: CMSA, SU UCT, UP